A full-time journalism job at Global in Birmingham
Posted 12 April 2019, 4.02am edt
Broadcast Journalist: Global’s Newsrooms Midlands
Location: Birmingham Contract: Full-time Closing Date: 30/04/2019
Job description This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented, experienced journalist to join our passionate, hardworking team, covering a broad and exciting patch for Global’s Newsroom Midlands.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of a years professional experience in producing pre-recorded and live bulletins, as well as live reporting. You need to be comfortable providing coverage of big and relevant stories across the Midlands as well as on a national platform.
You will have a great passion for news and aware it happens 24/7, so an understanding this isn’t a ‘normal’ office job is essential. You should be willing to take responsibility for being across the news agenda for the patch, and able to demonstrate a proven track record in responding to breaking news stories. Flexibility and versatility in the role is vital.
What you will be doing
- You will regularly provide content for Heart, Smooth and Capital as well as our national talk stations LBC and LBC London News. Knowledge of what makes a local story interesting to a national audience is preferable, as is the ability to set the agenda with your on-brand and creative content.
- You will thrive on instigating your own unique, off-diary, exclusive stories. You will need to be an efficient and effective forward planner to ensure we are leading the agenda both locally and nationally. Good local knowledge is a huge advantage.
- You will have excellent networking skills, with experience of contributing to effective contacts databases
- You should be confident in using a full range of social and multi-media tools to deliver a successful multi-platform news experience for audiences across Global’s brands - on-air, on-line and across social media.
- Reporting to the Regional News Editor and Deputy you will play a key role in helping ensure that bulletins reflect Global’s brand guidelines along with Ofcom’s.
- A sound knowledge of the law and broadcasting code is essential.
- You will have a full, clean UK Driving License, and been driving for a minimum of a year. Who you will work with: o Regional News Editor o Deputy Regional News Editor o Senior Broadcast Journalists o Regional and London News Teams o LBC Producers o Group News management