A full-time journalism job at Spire FM in Salisbury
Posted 26 June 2019, 10.18am edt
Our audiences consume Spire FM news on many platforms, not just radio. Our website, social media and App are used by hundreds of thousands of people every month and you will be responsible for delivering the best content.
The stories we cover are interesting, informative and sometimes challenging – with our news set to get our audiences talking and we reflect the real sense of pride people have in where they live.
We are a small but hardworking team who live by 6 core values – to have FUN, be FAIR, be OPEN and HONEST making sure we remain PROFESSIONAL but also UNCONVENTIONAL in the work we do.
- To read news bulletins – so a great voice is a must.
- To write scripts and report on location.
- To interview guests for stories - both in person and over the phone.
- To edit interviews for news clips or packages for broadcast.
- To write stories for the station’s website and oversee social media feeds.
- To think of inventive and ‘outside the box’ ways of covering news stories and investigate original digital ideas.
- A journalism qualification (BJTC accredited or similar)
- Understanding of broadcast regulations and law
- Experience of reading live bulletins
- We use Burli, so a good working knowledge is preferred, but not essential
- A full clean driving license is preferred, but not essential.
Benefits include 25 days a year holiday, access to UKRD rewards scheme (including discounts at major retailers) and gym membership.