A full-time journalism job at Mix 96 in Aylesbury
Posted 13 September 2019, 5.04am edt
We’re looking for a broadcast journalist to join our team here at Mix96 in Aylesbury.
You will be:
- Producing bulletins for our main station, Alexa flash briefings and our online Mix70s station
- Creating multi-platform content, including online articles and social media videos for an audience who trust us as the number one source of news in Aylesbury Vale
- Working with key contacts in our busy patch at a time of huge change for our patch, including HS2, a new council and mass development
- Having fun! We pride ourselves on being a great place to work
This role is a Monday-Friday, full time position with the option for extra shifts at weekends.
What we’d like from you:
- A journalism qualification (NCTJ/BJTC or equiv.) including media law
- Experience reading bulletins
- Experience working in a newsroom already and/or on student radio producing news content
- Knowledge of Burli and audio editing software
- The ability to source original stories and build key contacts to deliver the news our audience cares about
- An understanding of the Mix96 patch
In return we’ll give you a competitive salary, pension scheme, a staff rewards plan and a fun place to work!