Co-presenters - Raw Vibes
A part-time job at Vibe 107.6 FM in Watford
Posted 9 March, 2017 in Other
This job is not paid
Vibe 107.6 FM is looking for new talent to co-present our Raw Vibes show!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for 2 new co-presenters to join the Raw Vibes team on a Sunday evening from 7pm until 9pm. The show celebrates the unsigned music scene in Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and North London with live sessions, interviews, gig listings and much more! An extensive list of acts have featured since it began in 2011, including Jack Garrett, The Hunna, The Spitfires, Emma McGrath, and Hope, amongst many others.
Raw Vibes is fast paced, featuring regular interviews with some amazing new musical talent, so a skill of interviewing is expected. You will involve your audience through social media, texts and on air and therefore, you will need to put in the time to be creative, take ownership and get really stuck in. People who only want to introduce songs need not apply! A team of producers are also involved with the show to assist the presenter, who should be passionate about new music.
There may also be a chance to get involved with off-air events such as Raw Vibes Live and the annual Cassiobury Fireworks!
- Previous experience presenting in commercial/community/student radio, using commercial standard radio broadcasting equipment.
- Previous experience and evidence of interviewing.
- A passion for new music and an interest in Vibe 107.6 FM and South West Herts.
- A confident and enthusiastic sounding voice.
- Very good organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent and fun ideas for content and features.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for new music.
- Be punctual and committed to a live show every Sunday.
- Adaptable to change as well as being quick to find a solution to any problems
Previous team members have gone on to work for Capital, Heat Radio, Heart, Kiss, LBC and TV channels Sky and E!
Please note that as a non-for-profit radio station, this is a voluntary role. You must be over 18 years of age to apply and live in Hertfordshire or the surrounding boroughs. (Vibe 107.6 FM is located less than 5 minutes walk from Watford Junction station and within walking distance - approx. 20 minutes - from Watford Metropolitan tube station).
If you would like to be considered for the role of Raw Vibes Co-presenter, please email your CV and a short demo (up to 2 minutes) to email@example.com. The demo should be of you presenting a show or a recording of you showing us how passionate you are about new music, the local area and presenting. In addition, please include a short paragraph on why you want to get involved at Vibe 107.6 FM, highlighting your relevant experience.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 2nd April 2017.
This job closes: 2 April, 2017
Please say you saw this position on media.info when applying.