Executive Producer - BBC Music Radio
A full-time job at Somethin' Else in London
Posted 7 December, 2017 in Programming
You must be able to demonstrate a brilliant knowledge and understanding of BBC Music Radio, their audience, presenters, and the music the stations play.
Ideally you should have at least 1 year’s experience of executive producing BBC radio shows. We will also consider candidates who have good experience of working in a similar position on non BBC radio and in podcasting, especially those whose music policy overlaps with BBC Radio.
The role will also include show production, and line management of a creative and dynamic team, specifics to be confirmed.
- Staff management
- Talent management
- Client liaison
- Editorial judgement
- Managing production teams
- Generating ideas and selling these into clients (new and existing)
- Pushing creative development of the shows
- Minimum 1 year experience as an executive producer, 3 years as a producer, preferably with specific experience of BBC Music radio.
- Used to working in a team and supporting co workers
- Exceptional editorial judgement and knowledge of the BBC’s editorial guidelines
- Excellent talent management skills
- Good connections within the music industry
- Creative flare for ideas generation, both for a weekly show, and as part of the bigger picture.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Very strong client liaison skills
- Strong social media management and strategy skills