Football Editor - talkSPORT
A full-time journalism job at talkSPORT in London
Posted 15 October 2019, 5.32am edt
We are Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company, which is wholly owned by News UK and Ireland Limited. Our radio stations include talkSPORT, the world's biggest sports radio station and global audio partner of the Premier League, alongside popular national digital stations talkSPORT 2, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio.
This is an exciting time to be joining Wireless, with more and more exclusive sport coverage across the talkSPORT network, Chris Evans' return to Virgin and stars like Eamonn Holmes and Matthew Wright presenting on talkRADIO
Your role: Football Editor - talkSPORT
You will be working with producers, reporters, commentators and presenters to shape the sound of football across talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2, helping to create unmissable live football content. You will develop and maintain relationships with football clubs across the leagues to promote talkSPORT’s wider interests and reputation.
- Directly managing commentary teams to ensure the highest quality of output
- Forward planning to ensure reporters and pundits are covering the right matches across the schedule
- Liaising with Engineering to provide adequate technical cover and equipment to deliver the best possible audio quality, including making sure all broadcast lines are tested and in place
- Ensuring the football output across the talkSPORT network is produced within budget and fulfils all commercial criteria
What we’re looking for from you:
The successful candidate will be expected to work across weekends and both in the studio and producing at grounds and major events. Previous outside broadcast production experience is essential, as is a background in sports broadcasting.
You will have the ability to work with digital content teams to maximise exposure for live output which may include filming content on location.
The Football Editor will report to the Head of talkSPORT and Head of Live Sport and will be required to demonstrate a wide knowledge of the sport broadcasting industry and football in particular
- Broadcast production experience in the sports industry (ideally working on global competitions
- Experience managing multiple broadcast partners and sport agencies
- Demonstrable experience of managing budgets
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual's potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.