Freelance Broadcast Journalist
A freelance and contract journalism job at Connect FM in Kettering
Posted 5 June 2018, 6.03am edt
Freelance Broadcast Journalist Location: Kettering, Northamptonshire Contract: Freelance, ad-hoc
Connect is an expanding local radio station, operating a contemporary music format. Our news output covers the stories that matter across Northamptonshire, as well as parts of Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire – so the audience is diverse and ever-changing. We’re looking for talented freelance journalists to join our pool available for shifts as and when they arise.
Our news desk is a hub – so you’ll also provide bulletins for stations in other parts of the country within our group.
You’ll be a qualified Broadcast Journalist with a great broadcast voice, a passion for developing local news and a brilliant on-air tone. You’ll have the ability to approach stories from different angles to make sure the listener sits up to take notice. Love digging out a story from scratch, using your own ideas and intuition? Perfect.
We provide A LOT of bulletins – so you’ll be cool and calm under pressure, unflustered and efficient in delivering output.
Shifts available are varied – from early breakfast to weekend mornings, so you’ll need flexibility in getting to our studios in Kettering. Given timings, a driving license is preferable (but not essential).
What you’ll need….
- A journalism qualification and experience in a radio news reading role
- Confidence in conducting and editing great interviews – as well as writing attention-grabbing copy
- A strong understanding of media law
- A grasp of all areas of news, including business, sport and entertainment
- The ability to work both as part of a team and when left to your own devices
- Burli experience is a bonus, but not a requirement – training will be offered
To apply, please send your C.V. and a demo bulletin of no more than three minutes to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th June 2018.
This job closes: 30 June, 2018
Please say you saw this position on media.info when applying.