A full-time office job at Communicorp UK in Manchester
Posted 12 June 2019, 12.24pm edt
We are radio people who make a difference. Our aim is to deliver ideas, relationships and results better than anyone else in the industry. In return for delivering your very best work, we will provide you with your platform to perform, your canvas to create and the autonomy to do what you do best.
In the spirit of integrity and passion, the Finance Team are committed to excellence in financial information and reporting to support every part of our business, people and customers. We pay the bills, reward and reimburse our people and work with our customers to receive payment to us. Our mission is to do all this with the highest accuracy and efficiency to support all our teams to deliver the very best results on air, on their personal and customer targets and on our company P&L.
Your mission is to support the success of our radio stations by preparing the management accounts for our nine locations across the UK. Your positive attitude and strong communication will engage and develop people at all levels. Whilst your great eye for detail and exceptional Excel skills will support our mission to provide the business with the highest quality financial information and reports.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts in line with group reporting deadlines, including journal posting.
- Liaison with local management on their P&Ls including variance analysis
- Preparation and reconciliation of Balance Sheet control accounts
- Preparation of year end audit file and assistance of auditors
- Assistance in Board reporting and other management reports
- Preparation & submission of quarterly and annual Industry Returns
- Preparation & submission of National Statistics returns.
- Income reconciliations agreeing to the profit and loss accounts
- Additional ad hoc tasks that are reasonable for an individual of your level
- Identifying potential process and system improvements and implementing changes as agreed with the Finance Controller
You will need to be smart, bold and engaging and be able to display our company values in the work you do; Bravery, Integrity and Passion. You should be as passionate about working in radio as we are.
- You will be CIMA Finalist or equivalent with a willingness to continue and complete your accountancy qualifications with us
- You will have a minimum 3 years’ experience working in a Management Accounts position
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Knowledge of Great Plains would be useful but not essential
- You’ll need excellent communication to be able to explain financial information to staff at all levels
- You will be structured and organised in your approach to work and meeting strict deadlines
- You can work successfully on your own and as part of the team
- Motivated, forward thinking and flexible in your approach
- Always up for a fresh challenge and changes
Your Location and Team
You will report into the Financial Controller and you will be based at our Head Office, in Manchester.
- Monday to Friday 0900 – 1730
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Holiday buy & sell
- Flexible working
- Perkbox rewards
- Read more about rewards on our website
To apply please submit a covering letter and your CV
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent