A full-time programming job at Scala Radio in London
Posted 16 April 2019, 7.11am edt
Classical + scheduling + music passion = a unique opportunity at Scala Radio! The UK’s most exciting new radio station, Scala Radio, is looking for a music scheduler to join the Scala team. If you have BOTH first class music scheduling skills AND a genuine and deep passion for classical music then please read on!
Key Purpose of the Role: To drive audience growth by contributing to the delivery of exceptional musical output across Scala Radio and all its platforms.
Main duties, responsibilities and experience required:
- To support the Head of Music, the Content Director and the Scala programming team with musical knowledge and programme scheduling.
- Music scheduling experience is essential. Good working knowledge of GSelector music scheduling software and Zetta playout systems is desirable.
- To filter and schedule high quality and varied station music logs for programmes across the station with appropriate detail to the station’s target audiences.
- Provide content and production support for live programming.
- Provide content and production support for specialist and non-playlist shows, including (but not limited to) shows devoted to ballet, film and videogame music.
- Contribute to the building and maintenance of the Scala playlist using GSelector.
- Monitoring music information provided for non-playlist shows to ensure thorough PRS/PPL returns.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Audition editing software.
- Knowledge of classical music essential; an interest in contemporary classical music and how classical music has influenced other genres is desirable.
- An interest in the current classical music landscape, from the live music scene and rising star performers, is desirable.
- Any other reasonable production or music related duties as delegated by the Music and Content Director and Head of Music.