A part-time creative job at Vibe 107.6 FM in Watford
Posted 3 December 2018, 5.12am est
This job is not paid
Interested in developing your presenting skills? Then you could be a new voice on Vibe 107.6 FM, entertaining our listeners with the best music playlist, fun features and competitions. As one of our great team, you will be talking to a wide range of listeners, so your content needs to be fun, fresh and appealing.
Confidence, enthusiasm, commitment and the skills to present to a large audience are vital. It is expected that you will involve your audience through social media, texts and on air. Therefore you will need to put in the time to be creative, take ownership and get really stuck in. People who only want to introduce songs need not apply!
- Previous experience presenting in commercial/community/student radio, using commercial standard radio broadcasting equipment
- A passion for radio and an interest in Vibe 107.6 FM and South West Herts
- A confident and enthusiastic sounding voice
- Very good organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Excellent and fun ideas for content and features
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for new commercial chart music
- Be punctual and committed (A minimum of 6 hours per week is required)
- Adaptable to change as well as being quick to find a solution to any problems
Please note that as a non-for-profit radio station, these are voluntary roles. You must be over 18 years of age to apply and live in Hertfordshire or the surrounding boroughs.
(Vibe 107.6 FM is located less than 5 minutes walk from Watford Junction station and within walking distance (approx. 20 minutes) from Watford Metropolitan tube station.)
Previous team members have gone on to work for Capital, KMFM, Juice, Inrix, Heat Radio, Heart, Kiss, Fire Radio and LBC plus TV channels Sky and E!