Sales Account Manager – Peak FM
A full-time sales job at Peak FM in Chesterfield
Posted 25 January 2019, 6.45am est
We are Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company, owned by News UK and Ireland Limited. Wireless operates 32 national and local radio stations across the UK and Ireland.
These include talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station and global audio partner of the Premier League, alongside popular national digital stations talkSPORT 2, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio. From FM104 in Dublin, to 96.4 The Wave in Swansea, our local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their local communities.
Job Role: Sales Account Manager – Peak FM
Due to team expansion we are looking for a Sales Account Manager to join us at market leading radio station Peak FM
The role will primarily involve working with local businesses, selling creative multi-platform advertising campaigns. Our portfolio includes commercial airtime, digital products, sponsorships and client-funded promotions.
You will proactively manage your own client list and will be expected to independently source and secure new business.
Key elements of the role:
- Prospect, pre-qualify and appoint new businesses
- Achieve an average of 15 face to face appointments weekly
- Sales and appointment making over the phone
- Acquiring new customers in order to generate new revenue
- Develop a strong understanding of your customer’s business sector and their core objectives
- Build strong relationships with clients and external stakeholders
- Confident presenting and selling bespoke multi-platform solutions to client partners
- Maintaining and growing existing accounts whilst delivering excellent customer service
- Accuracy in forecasting monthly and quarterly sales revenue
- Consistent target achievement
Skills and Attributes:
- You will have a proven track record in sales, media and digital sales preferred
- Demonstrable success in new business and account management
- Clear face to face sales experience
- Ability to plan, construct and deliver effective client proposals
- Understanding of the sales process and ability to diligently follow the steps within that process
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong, confident communicator
- Strong account management and admin skills
Why join us?
We’re committed to Peak FM being a brilliant place to work. Our team is welcoming and supportive with a real desire to achieve.
We offer great benefits including 25 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays), attractive company pension scheme, bike to work scheme and an Employee Assistance Programme. The role comes with a company car, phone and all the kit you will need to best do your job. There is a competitive basic salary and uncapped monthly commission.
Equal Opportunities The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.